- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
- Houston, Texas
- Job Category
- Full Time Positions
- min $25,200 - max $37,800
- 1. Routine Animal Care and Specialized Animal Procedures: Performs daily animal care and health flagging for assigned area including areas that require specialized and/or additional training such as chemical agents, radioisotope, and etc. Ensures the ventilated cage rack system and automated drinking water system are operating correctly and reports alarms or malfunctions to Team Leader or supervisor immediately. Performs specialized procedures such as placing special diet in cages, ensuring special water is on the cage with the lixit removed, as well as routine rodent weanings and separations.
2. Facility & Room Care: Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of animal housing and ancillary areas. Ensures equipment is cleaned, made available for sanitization, and is on the established maintenance schedule. Reports problems to Team Leader or supervisor. Ensures supplies are adequately stocked.
3. Documentation: Records data in the appropriate hardcopy or electronic system. Ensures that data is entered in a timely manner. Records the completion of assigned tasks using the Viewport system. Ensures that the correct animal identification is placed on animals. Reports any discrepancies to the Team Leader or supervisor. Completes all written documentation in clear and legible writing.
4. Other Duties: Other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: College level courses in biological sciences.
Required: American Association of Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) within 180 days of eligibility.
Required: Two years of animal related experience in an animal hospital/clinic or an animal research facility. May substitute required experience with completed years of college on a one to one basis.
Preferred: Experience gained in a university research setting.
- Contact Person
- Stacy LeBlanc
- Contact Phone
- (713) 792-2761
- Contact eMail